Maintaining synthetic grass is a relatively easy task that can help extend the life of your landscape and keep it looking beautiful for years to come. Here are some simple tips for maintaining synthetic grass:
- Remove debris regularly: Leaves, twigs, and other debris can accumulate on your synthetic grass, causing it to look unsightly and potentially damaging the fibers. To avoid this, be sure to use a leaf blower or brush regularly to remove any debris from your artificial turf.
- Keep it clean: Over time, your synthetic grass may become soiled or stained, especially if you have pets using the turf. Use a hose to rinse off any dirt or stains as needed. To treat and prevent odors, you should periodically clean it using a gentle, artificial turf cleaner and deodorizer.
- Repair any damage: If you notice any tears or damage on your synthetic grass, it’s important to repair them as soon as possible. This will prevent the damage from spreading and help maintain the overall integrity of your artificial turf. When having the turf installed, ask your contractor to save some remnants for you. That way if a patch or repair is needed in the future, you have the exact turf needed from the same dye lot, to create a seamless.
- Avoid heavy objects: Although synthetic grass is durable and can withstand a lot of wear and tear, it’s important to avoid placing heavy objects on it. This includes things like grills, heavy furniture, and even vehicles. Heavy objects being placed on artificial turf can cause the blades to overly bend and possibly damage them. Most light objects put on the artificial turf will cause some matting, but with some brushing and heat from the sunlight, should cause the turf blades to bounce back.
- Keep heat away: Refrain from placing hot objects or items that generate heat on your synthetic grass. For example, barbeques and smokers that are close to the ground, and ale fire pits. While synthetic grass will not start on fire because of its properties, it can still burn, causing unsightly melt marks in your lawn.
By following these simple tips, you can help ensure that your synthetic grass stays looking beautiful and well-maintained for many years to come. Whether you have a small patch of artificial turf in your yard, or a large sports field, proper maintenance is key to keeping it in the best condition possible. So, these are the basic tips for maintaining synthetic grass and following these tips will surely help you to maintain your synthetic grass in the best possible way.